BS?? No not Bull Shit... Its Brian and Saundra




Thursday, February 24, 2011

A yummy Mac n' Cheese with a kick recipe

There is a story that goes along with this recipe but I will keep it short. Brian and I ordered dinner from Famous Daves BBQ in IL when we were there this last time. As one of my sides I ordered Mac N' Cheese and thought I would get a standard Mac n' Cheese. I was wrong.. and at first I was disappointed but it turned out to be the best Mac n' Cheese I've had in a long time. When we got home I had to try it and so here is my version of this spicy goodness.

Ingredients

1 Package creamy Kraft Mac N' Cheese
1 8 oz. brick of sharp cheddar cheese grated
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped jalepeno slices
1/2 cup half n half


Prepare Mac N' Cheese according to package directions adding the corn to the pasta as it cooks. Once prepared return to medium heat and add 1/2 cup of half n half. Let cook for 5 minutes until pasta is heated through out. Add chopped jalepeno and grated cheddar and stir until well blended.

This can also be turned into a casserole by adding diced chicken and sprinkling french fried onions or panko bread crumbs over the top and baking for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

I have made this as a side dish and a casserole. I totally love it both ways. I think adding a little of the juice from the jalepeno's will add just a little more kick...

Enjoy!

No comments: